Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD disadvantages?

Ravine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6 S1 Auto
Im going to change the diff ratio in my VS V6 auto soon and was thinking about getting a LSD centre put in at the same time. I was wondering if there are any disadvantages in having a LSD. Also what sort of price would i be looking at? Thanks.

V

vrd00m

only real disadvantage is the cost (anywhere from $250 for a reco centre to $1500 for a beast setup)

small disadvantage is they wear out and need retightening.

depends if you want to have tail-happy fun and good acceleration or not lol. I'm assuming your changing your diff ratio for better acceleration? if you are get an LSD, it will be way more fun ;)

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
basically an lsd is expensive to install and requires ongoing maintanence

if you wanna be doing burnouts with it get a spool if its solely for better traction and not to be thrashed get an lsd

since your getting your gears done it will only be about 3-400 more so long as you get it done together

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
i wouldnt be doing too many doughnuts with a limo. also make sure u use an anti chatter additive from holden. my diff was built about 4 years ago and have only changed the oil once, ive never had a problem.