Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Wear Question

fixxxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Just a quick question about tyre wear, i have a VS SS with standard fe2 suspension, LSD and IRS, now i noticed the other day the rear tyres are worn badly on the inside, and only the inside, the outside has still got a good ammount of tread.

The tyres are about 15 months old and done a good ammount of k's old and i am planning to replace them all soon anyway, question is, is that kind of tyre wear normal on a car with IRS? or should be getting something fixed/aligned before i put the new tyres on?

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
That is totally normal with any lowered car with irs because when they are lowered the camber is increased and also the toe settings are way out the only way to fix this problem is with rear irs camber kits get them from any bursons or repco, if you got a mate in the trade i suggest you ask him to get them for you, they are a couple of hundred if not 300+ for retail and i recomend only using K-Mac because they have the most adjustment out of all te kits getting around!!
I have the same problem with my VR, got the kits just haven't put them in yet.

fixxxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
ok thanks for the reply, i knew lowered cars with irs tend to wear more, but since mines still factory fe2 (havent lowered it any further) didnt relised this would still be the case.

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
I am pretty sure mine is fe2 aswell and now the vr-s re getting a bit older spring sag and shock wear also contribute to the uveven tyre wear.
If you anything like me you will be goin through tyres every month or just over(lucky i used to work for bridgestone and get extremely cheap tyres)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
O M G 15months

i'm lucky to get 15 days.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
get a camber kit if the prob is real bad ive heard it is priicckk to fit thoughi have never done 1

fixxxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
well i suppose its not a bad problem as in, i do get a good use out of them, as i said 15 months is good usage, i do droive with a heavy foot but i dont do stand stills that kills the tyres way too quickly, yeah i may get a caber kit, but i guess its not a hugh thing to worry about

thanks to all for the advice