Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jolting when excellerating

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
im having a lil trouble with my vr calais when i try 2 take off 2 fast the car tends 2 give a lil jolt then takes off even does this when the car is warm but somtimes the jolts harder and somtimes it bearly does it could this just b the computer or engines not warm enough i dont no help needed

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Joey_18 said:
im having a lil trouble with my vr calais when i try 2 take off 2 fast the car tends 2 give a lil jolt then takes off even does this when the car is warm but somtimes the jolts harder and somtimes it bearly does it could this just b the computer or engines not warm enough i dont help needed
lol re type that last sentence (Quote: i dont help needed) yea ive got the same sorta problem and i only got a vr exec, id like to know the answer to this too

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
sorry joey_18 for hijacking lol, but my spark and fuel are fine, the fuel pressure is fine and the coils are the right resistance and ive repalced leads and plugs just incase, i went out and bought a compression tester and they are all around 1000 - 1100kpa,

ive also replaced my TPS and IACv also got CAI and k&n hi flow filter installed

not 100% sure my injectors are fine though, so i mite repalce them if no one else can suggest any thing,

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Is the transmission oil nice and bright red and doesn't smell burnt? If it needs changing it could be that the solenoids which make the cluches grab are a bit sticky or the trans filter may be partially blocked. You can do it your self for $30 gasket and filter and $25 for oil.

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Filter?

I had the same problem with my VS Acclaim, it was shuddering under load and it turned out to be a bodgy fuel filter. For a cheap guess I'd say change your fuel filter before having a more expensive look at things.