Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Chips

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Performance Chips Worth it or not?

A

anotherstockvs

hmmmm chips do come with a price ive heard theres sum chips that do an instant 15KW but if it was me i would put on a new computer then thinkin about using a chip and plus with a new computer it will help the car run better if u have got any internal mods like huge monster cams etc umm yer

werd out soliders ImI<(^_^)>ImI

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
most chips will give you the best bang for your buck.
powerchip are overpriced

Rob

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i didnt understand a word you just said anotherstockvs...

but anyway haze..have a chat to dr bob on this forum.
i got a coupla bolt-on mods done to my car and a chip from dr bob and i am stoked with the improvements i got...the vs really hammers now. (#note# ..as i said i dont just have the chip by itself...some usual bolt-on mods like extractors,exhaust,CAI,etc...will work alot better with a performance chip)

A

anotherstockvs

yer my mum says that to me all the time hehe,

Well if u put these monsterous cams in ur VS 3.8L a normal computer wont handle it and would run like a bag of ****, unless the computer can learn the air/fuel mixture then ur alright but otherwise u will need a new computer before u even think of using a powerchip, but then again mayb a chip would give u enough fuel and air to run the cams.

Mates put a the biggest monster cam in his EF and it would not run as the old computer wouldnt allow enough fuel and air in to the engine because the lobes on the new cam are bigger and valves stay open longer

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
well i gots the cold air intake ready to install so any suggestions for a chip on my vs?

A

anotherstockvs

powerchip says u will gain 14kw 30NM of torque for $490 including postage and handling for a VS 3.8L

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Powerchip quoted me $690 for a L67....Get Farked !!!!

For $200 more and I could buy a Kalmaker puter & laptop with software to self tune & diagnose....

What a rip off Powerchip are !!!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi peoplez...this one is for Dr. Bob...

I own a '96 Series II VS 3.8L...I also wanted some advice on performance chips...

very soon I will have all these bolt on mods installed...I have almost 3 quarters but I just need to get the last few things once work gives me a few more hours i been asking for...anyway here are the mods...

Holden VS Supercharged CAI with K & N High Flow Panel Filter
2.5" Redback Sports Exhaust
Pacemaker Extractors
Oversized and polished MAF and throttle body
Top Gun max 300 Ignition Leads
NGK R performance plugs

After I have installed these mods, I was thinking about geting a new memcal. Obviously it would be best to do that last as it has to be specific to your modifications. Anyway...I was looking at these ones on eBay...See Here

I also run the car on 98 Octane. I wanted to know if these ones would be any good or maybe you will be able to help me with something...? Get back to me on this ASAP because I have been really curious to know and maybe once I find out the real gain im going to get, I might just hurry up and do it...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup: