Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another mod for a VS 3.8L

A

anotherstockvs

i was lookin around for prices on perfomance thorlte body and man they come with a price tag with 65mm throtle body, but i heard the a VT SS 5L throtle body is 70mm and fits straight to a VS no worries im not sure bout the connectors and the stuff also injectors are meant to be good to but take the computer bout3km to learn the spray pattern any one else done this before

cheers Jase

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
would also be very interested in this mod. anyone done it
cheers

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
What sorta costing on the VTSS throttle body?

A

anotherstockvs

umm yer im not really sure u could pik it up at a wrecker or if not, bursons, repco, autobarn may have it, im still researching in to this mod a little more before i go out and buy it

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
i have a question about the injectors aswell...I have been keen to put some in my 3.8L VS...I here "Ford Motorsport" ones are the way to go...I know I had the same disgusted and shocked look on my face when I heard it aswell...anyone else heard this or know of what to go for...? another quick question...Can i put VS V6 SUpercharged injectors in mine...will it have any benefit if I can...?

Cheers, Joe

A

anotherstockvs

yer well not sure about VS supercharged, but umm apprantly VS GTS injectors are to be very good to only bad thing is that u wont be able to buy 6 of them they come in packs of 8 umm VT SS 5L injectors are $280 change but ive only got 6 hehe ahh well, ive had a closer look at a VT SS 5L throtle body and it will bolt straight on no modifcation needed so i will buy it sum time nxt week and ill post up how it is to fit and pictures of the new one and old one, cheers

werd out solider ImI<(^_^)>ImI

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
A V8 TB won't fit a ecotec, if you want to get a bigger tb you'll need to port the one you have or buy one already done. Also, to take full advantage of the tb, u need ur plenum chamber ported a touch as the elbow is still 65mm.