Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS <-> Lexcen ECU & Misc. questions!

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
Hi All,

I recently brought a Lexcen (VS Clone) with major engine issues. Thankfully the "Just Commodores" brethren have steered me with some good advice and I've picked up a V6/Gearbox combo for a grand having done only 98000 kms.

Couple of questions:

1. The dude that sold me the V6/Gearbox combo threw in the ECU computer as well. Is this required or can I use the existing computer. The are different codes on each box, do these have any relevance or are they just production codes.

2. How are the Car keys linked (security wise) to the car is this via the ECU or is it something else. He also gave me the old key from his now stacked car.

3. Are there significant differences in the VS Lexcen line, only ones I can spot are mainly cosmetic. I even pulled the dash out to fit my Head Unit and it has GM markings throughout.

Thanks for any ideas, tips etc.

Regards...Earle - Waussie.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
just bolt the thing in & use your existing wiring, its the same
the codes on the PCM are for production identification & there may be minor differences but nothing drastic.
the kes are linked to the BCM, you dont need it.

Rob

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
Cheers Doctor Bob, thanks for the heads up on these issues. Earle - Waussie.

randomhero11

Sicburn
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS
yeah the differences between the VS and the lexcen are only cosmetic as far as my knowledge extends. The info ive read says the cars come off the holden production line and all toyota did was changes some bumpers and badges.