Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing centre console and dash

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
I tried to search for how to remove them, but couldnt find anything. I got a can of K&H White Vynal paint and i also have the wax n grease remover, and i am about to spray the dash and console. Does any1 know if those workshop manuals tell u? I will probably buy one, but all i can find so far is max ellerys, are they the only ones that make em on the vs?
Cheers

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I'm not a fan of the Max Ellerys books - I prefer gregorys, they all seem to be going softcover too, doh! anyhow I have a Max Ellerys for my VS...

Page 368:

Centre Console

1. Remove the console attaching screws in the console storage compartment (under the carpet) with a philips screwdriver.
2. (Auto) With a screwdriver unclip the top selector panel from the under the dash panel and console, lift the selector panel, twist around the gear lever 'T' and remove.
3. Pull the handbrake up as far as it will go. Pull zip down.
4. Prise the console top section and attaching screws at the front of the console with a philips head screwdriver.
5. Disconnect any electrical connections that may be present for accesories and lights.
6. Carefully remove the centre console by lifting up at the rear to help clear the hand brake handle, then slide back and up to free console.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
thanks for that
so did holden make one for the vs? coz apparently holden workshop manuals are the best, so i was told with my vk.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Got that cover off, and undoing the wiring connecters from ciggy lighter. The big one i got off no probs, but the thin long one i just cant unplug. i know it clips in and i have tried for about 10mins to unclip it, still cant. i am at the stage where i just wanna cut the wire and take it off. has any1 had any difficulties undoing the connector?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah i've had the same problem. you'll kick yourself once you get it off but, it really is quite simple once you know how.

Ok, grab one side of the small wire connecting thingy with one of your hands and hold it between your thumb and index finger. Now with your other hand use your index finger and feel on the edge of the little wire connecting thingy on the opposite side and try pulling up each side until you get the right one. one of them should lift up in a similar fashion as to a tab lifting off of a soft drink can when you open it. look at the attached diagram, the little blue area isn't actually a piece of the connection, it just shows where you need to lift it up.

tell us how ya go

Attachments

• cig_lighter_small_wire_disconnecting.gif
    cig_lighter_small_wire_disconnecting.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 747

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh i figured it out straight after i posted that, and i did feel a little stupid after i figured it out. Very simple, instead of lifting that tab up, i was trying to push that 'button' to release it...