Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing light in petrol/gas switch

Muse7707

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
O.K., so this is probably the dumbest question out there, but can anyone tell me how to replace the indicator light on a VS duel fuel?? It's factory fitted and switches from green when it's on gas to red when it's on petrol. The red one's gone off and I need to know if it's just a globe or I need to replace the entire switch.

Back in my corner now with the big pointy cap with the capital 'D' on it.

Thanks. :embarrass

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
hehe...... the question is answered in a few posts back.....

yes the globes can be replaced.... they are very tiny and u can only get them from holden..... they just have coloured plastic sleeves that slip over each one... (oh yes theres two globes)

now to take the switch out...... remove the bottom service cover (where the brake pedal n **** is) and if u lie doen you'll be able to see the plug/connector at the back of the switch.....its as simple as disconnecting the connector and giving the switch a bit of a push from behind and it will pop out........

from there you'll see the two globes and they just pull out.....

I put two LED lights (green and red) as I couldnt be stuffed going to holden for the globes... just needs a 330ohm resistor to lower the voltage from 12V to 5V

Can post a pic of the switch if needed.....

Hope this helps :hit:

Muse7707

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Bugger!!

I couldn't find that post!! Probably need glasses to go along with that lobotomy... **sigh**

But thanks heaps for that. Sounds almost easy to get done.

Off I go.... hey!! anyone got a hack saw and blow torch?? I'm off to change a teeny little light!!

The Muse. :hit: :flame: