Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS

Dave_4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Belina Series 2
Hey all, i want to lower my VS and i have been told a couple of ways, i have been told getting the spings compressed is the way to go, but im after handling as well as the look, would it be worth paying the extra dollars and getting new springs and shockers or what?????

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
If you are after handling go the extra $$ :)

FE2 are supposed to be very tight... nice for cornering. (this is prob what i'll be getting). Not so low though.

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
go to pedders, get there comfort gas shockers, and there sports ryder springs, also u should get one of those bent rear bars that make sure your rear axle stays stiaght

G

Grommitt

rofl @ one of those bent rear bars..

if your cars live axle..

get yourself a set of

GT gas rear shocks $135
seeing as you want handling get some whiteline springs about 120-140 a pair.

Adjustable Nolethane panhard rode 130.

having all that fitted will cost you like 150 or you can do it yourself quiet easily.

W

wizza

grommit wat happened to the ccc cruise last night? i heard none of the comittee rocked up except gamevx with a dodged map?

lol

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
Dave_4 said:
Hey all, i want to lower my VS and i have been told a couple of ways, i have been told getting the spings compressed is the way to go, but im after handling as well as the look, would it be worth paying the extra dollars and getting new springs and shockers or what?????

How old are your springs and shocks?

I've just put pedders stuff in my car and for me it was worth it. I used sports rider springs and shocks (which you might find a bit harsh over bumps, especially if its for a v6)

also you don't want to go to low if you don't have firm enough springs and shocks or you wont be able to through it around corners with out it sitting on the bump stops. that is why i replaced my springs and shocks.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Go new springs and new Monroe GT gas shockers!

W

wizza

grommit i heard that ur ccc OWNER* lol
what happened to jase/lee :p and yeh i know the story!!!

G

Grommitt

lol @ me being ccc owner what a joke..

what happened was josh took the site over from jase and me, craig, matt sam etc were going to run the cruises..

but yeah jase and lee have taken it back and now its not even working so couldnt tell ya..

who told you i was ccc owner ?

C

Craigsta

I have a vr that i brought, it already had just lowered springs on it, and it is bumpy as, i would recommend getting the whole lot done.