Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blue lights

goodycg

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vr and vz ss ute
the three switches ac, hazzards, demisters have very little globes with green sleeves on it. i looked around and u cant buy different coloured one. e.g blue because they r a lot smaller than the heater controls and gear selecter ones. so i tried conecting a led but i couldn't end up doing it because there not enough room to work twith. any suggestions, how did u end up doing it plz

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
its easy to do as you only have to bend the led legs and solder them on to the globe contacts. crap sketch, but you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• LED In Switch.bmp
    13.2 KB · Views: 202

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I dont know if monarols71 has done this before or not but the tiny little bulb and accompanying contacts would be almost impossible to work with. I would have to look into it a bit more but it may be easier just to cut the wire connecting to the back of the switch (presuming its just powering the lights) and insert the resistor there.

goodycg

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vr and vz ss ute
yer i have change the lights fine every where else but i still cant change the ac and other two buttons. any other suggestiongs would be a big help plz