Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weird sound with vr

I

Insanesinner

hay there when i plant the foot a bit to take off there is a weird knocking sound comeing from under the front seats. its a weird sound like grinding but not metal to metal. and sort of a shuddering feeling from under the seats. but it is only if i plant it from take off and only lasts for a bit in first

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
dont plant it it cood be a gearbox mount, could be the seats arent on the rails properly, dunno cant hear the sound :) but does the car feel like its vibrating at all?

I

Insanesinner

yeah it vibrates a bit it sounds like something is sliping like a cog or something but it is a real dead sound it has just had new engine mounts put in

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea gbox mounts are dif get some body to check em, illiminates one thing that way

J

Juzzy

hey mate, if it is an auto, you may want to try and put the boot into it at highspeeds and let it kick back and see if it shudders again...if it does you may be looking at clutch slippage inside the box, which means overhaul time :mad:
but i hope that isnt the case here :yeah:
cheers,
justin