Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFILIVE & serial ALDL cable info needed please!!

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
ok guys, i've made an ALDL cable for my VR, i thought i had it working, but the engine doesn't start so im not 100% sure if it will tell me much or not ....

anyways, it was seeming to be getting chatter from the ECU with the ignition on and the lights on the dash etc, however i quit efilive and then when i re-opened it i haven't been able to get anything from it since ..... is there something i am missing or what ?

the cable is the simple one with two transistors and three resistors .... is there anyone out there with some experience with this cable and efilive that might be able to give me any info on how theirs works and what to expect from it ?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
There is a heap of info on here if you just search 'aldl'. I think its fair to say michaelw is the resident expert on this stuff. I have talked to him a bit about it and he knows his stuff. He makes them himself and did a lot of pioneering work to get them working. If anyone can help you it will be him.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i have looked all through the forum and not found anything that helps me out, but i did notice one thing, the diagram i used which was posted by michaelw says that it works with his mates VS V6 so maybe it doesn't work with the VR ....

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i have checked the cable time and time again and cannot see anything that is wrong with it .... i've also checked the cabling with a multimeter etc and all appears to be ok in that regard ....

for hyperterminal what settings do i use ?, and should i have the cable plugged in with the ignition on to be doing this ?

also one thing i noticed which was different with this cable compared to other diagrams i have seen is that some of the pins in the serial plug are jumpered together whereas others didn't have anything there ....

oh and i built a max232 cable aswell and have not been able to get any joy from this either .... really starting to pull my hair out with these cables ..... only one that has worked for me thus far is VN/VP :b: