Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs statesman abs and steering

dave671

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am working on a VS Statesman at the moment. The problem is the ABS light was on and so I thought Id have a look to make sure there was nothing wrong with the plug on the module. When I took it off there was a lot of corrosion there and as a result two terminals have broken off. does anyone know of a way to fix this cheaply as a new module is approx $1600.

The other problem is the steering. At low speed (5 km) it is light but anything over that it is really heavy. Even going around a corner is hard work. Is there any adjustment or can a stuffed sensor or something be causing this. I want to sell the car so dont want to spend too much money on it.

Thanks for any help

Dave

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If the corrosion was bad then it probably has penetrated to the circuitry of the ABS effectively ruining it. Try a wrecker or maybe someone is wrecking privately...all models of VS had the same ABS so it doesn't have to be Statesman although I know earlier Commos had a slightly different ABS. Legally you must fix it and you cannot just remove it.
That steering problem sounds like you have some serious problems with the front suspension...sure its not the belt to the poer steering pump slipping?