Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Engine trouble..

A

aLxVR

hey,
I have a slight problem with my 95 Vr Commodore.. Well the problem is that as im driving, all of a sudden the engine stops as i brake or slow down.. can someone tell me what is the problem and were to get it fixed?
thanks

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Sounds like your IAC valve, its a valve that is connected to your throttle body, try reset your computer by taking the Engine fuse out for a min or so then put back in, then start car and rev 2000rpm for 10 seconds

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
i had the same prob, and it turned out to b the alternator, over/under charging, if its doing this u'll notice that the lights get really bright and then dull, battery light and abs off light comes on, but it could be a few diff things, good luck mate

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
sensors...

my parents have a VR Exec. manual, and as you slow down at traffic lights, etc. it almost stalls. Should be oxygen or crank angle sensor, however the battery light comes on all the time for no apparent reason, but that's been happening since it was new.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
you can check for error codes, that may tell you what is rong, a oxygen sensor wont make your car stall,

if a car has oxy sensor probs it wil over fuel so i dont think it would be that maybe injectors, fuel pressure, or fuel filter is blocked, or your Idle is out etc

jeenyus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec S/Wagon
had the same problem, was the crank angle sensor. bloody annoying.

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
Pete284 said:
my parents have a VR Exec. manual, and as you slow down at traffic lights, etc. it almost stalls. Should be oxygen or crank angle sensor, however the battery light comes on all the time for no apparent reason, but that's been happening since it was new.

Off the subject but your alternator must be ready to sh*t itself or a bad short in the system