Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlight globes

michael_pomroy

use_it_or_lose_it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 3.8L
which globes are peoples personal favourites? i like the phillips blue visions, but everyone to there own i guess

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Yes, same here.

Philips Blue Visions have been great in my car, have had the same set for more than 3 years, and they good quality, and great value for money in my opinion.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
How much do they cost?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
About $50 for two of the Blue Vision H4 bulbs, which are the main headlight bulb for the VS. I have done my high beams as well, as I do a lot of night driving, they are H3, but I can't remember how much they cost, I think it was a little bit more.

The other thing to remember is that the Blue visions are LEGAL, whereas the diamond vision and silver visions are not, yes they are bluer/whiter, BUT they actually put less light on the road...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mmmm i think i need new globes.. headlights are getting a bit yellow :( I think they are in the wrong position (seems a very short throw) but can't seem to change it..

Not big on the blue ones (i assume the bluevisions you speak of shine a blue tint) but something brighter and clear would be nice..

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
They do have a bit of a blue tint, but the Bluevisions give off a white light.

When I travel behind my mates, they say that my headlights look very white, not blue as such. Even to just look at they look a lot whiter than the standard headlight bulbs, but the whiter light is very good at night, as it reflects better off white line markings etc, thats what I have found anyway.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
mattman said:
Mmmm i think i need new globes.. headlights are getting a bit yellow :( I think they are in the wrong position (seems a very short throw) but can't seem to change it..

Not big on the blue ones (i assume the bluevisions you speak of shine a blue tint) but something brighter and clear would be nice..

Might also be an idea to get your headlights aimed after you put in new globes, I had mine done at the local GMH dealer for $20, and they are spot on.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
It has an adjustment thingo on the lights... but doesnt seem to move them?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I have tried to adjust mine. It seems to be impossible to do properly. If I align the low beams the high beams are way out of wack and vise virsa. I found a happy medium and left it at that but they still annoy me being slightly off.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
You'll probably be better off getting a dealer or auto elec to do the aiming, they usually use a specific aiming board, or a machine to get it right. For the sake of $20, its probably just better off going down that road and having it done properly in the first place.