Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tensioner pully not right and bonnet wont close or open properly

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
can sum1 plz help with these problems,my tensioner pully isnt sitting right thus neither is the belt,seems to be on an angle,how do i fix this?My mate is havin trouble with the bonnet on his berlina,it wont open or shut properly and cant figure out why,can sum1 help with that too plz

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have and when i moved the belt back into place and started the car,it moved back again.I looked at the berlina and noticed a difference in how the pully was sitting,mine aint right

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Check to see if the belt is sitting on the pulleys properly?Is it sitting in the grooves and not misaligned?

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
had the same problem with the bonnet not opening or shutting properely....

check that spring on the pin that goes into the hole (at the front of bonnet) I had to adjust it so it had the right amount of tension...... buggered if i know why it wouldnt open or shut....

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
i'll double or triple check the belt again.Which way was the bonnet thing moved

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Does the tensioner pulley make a metallic scrubbing sound when the car is turned on? If it does, it's possible the pulley bearings are gone. Although, as with my car, sometimes it doesn't make the noise, even though the bearings are gone.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
If the tensioner pulley is on an angle the bearing is most likely buggered unless the pin/bolt is loose allowing movement of the bearining over the threaded section which is narrower(rare cause). This in turn will destroy the bearing after a short time anyway.
The bonnet : Turn Anticlockwise to extend the spring, making it open easier but if you are having trouble closing it as well it may be the spring on the catch (in the hole)that is seized or damaged. Look at it whilst someone pulls the bonnet catch lever to check if it does move.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanx for the help so far,bonnet is now fixed.The pulley isnt on on an angle as first thought,the pulley on my mates berlina seems to stick out a little more then mine.How do i adjust the pulley it self

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
shanhsv said:
.......My mate is havin trouble with the bonnet on his berlina,it wont open or shut properly and cant figure out why,can sum1 help with that too plz

If the bonnet pops open when someone pushes down on the front of the bonnet near the lock, check the fuse box on the driver's side of the engine bay. Make sure that the high part of the cover is at the back and the low part is at the front. Also make sure that the cover sits down correctly over the base (may have to tape it). If it doesn't sit down properly it puts pressure on the bonnet causing it to be raised slighty on the driver's side and also puts pressure on the release unit so that it won't pop when you pull the release lever.