Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecu's

V

vsII manual

Can you use a auto ECU and put in a Manual chip? Will it function properly?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive heard that u can put an auto staright into a manual no worrys im not 100% sure tho

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
you dont really wont to buy a new one, they cost heaps i nearly had a heart attack when holden told me the price

V

vsII manual

fitzy2005 said:
you dont really wont to buy a new one, they cost heaps i nearly had a heart attack when holden told me the price

Thats why i want to know.
My ecu is stuffed, had an accident with a water bottle.
I have another manual chip and a spare auto ECU, thats why i need to know if it will work

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Some VS PCM's dont have all the circuitry to read the manual speed sensor, you have to try it, if you get code 24 setting you have sruck out & will need to find either a manual one or an auto one with all the bits in it.

Rob

madvsbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vsbt1
ecu or fuel emissions?

hey guys got at a vs series 2 v6bt1 and i have changed the injectors and new gaskets and leads ,plugs ,oils,radiator, and everything new and im getting only 350 to a tank out of 65 litres thats wrong i have taken out the ecu and the memcal also and let it sit for 2 hours and then reinstalled it im still getting that same so is my ecu or pcm stuffed or needs remapping as i havent done that yet?got a 2.5 redback setup on and the cat converter gutted also,did the oxygen sensors both other day they good but what can i do ?to get 600klm to the tank?advise me on what to do and whom can do the remapping in frankston area cheers or near by what causes the car to run fast and fuel going fast ?done throttle body and bored that out and manifold also need help asap or can i swap me memcal over and try that?

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
ok so let get this right.

you have put larger injectors in, thorttle body is bored out, you have full sprts system and want the car to go better but yet want to have fuel economy.

firstly i would say put the standard injectors back in as they will work just fine on a stock motor. they would not be doing anything but waste petrol.

Put standard throttle body back on also, without a retune the throttle body will be doing wierd things to the tune.

if you want some more power get some mace high lift rockers then talk to dr bob for a mail order tune. dont expect much as it is a v6 at the end of the day. after you do tune and rockers i would say you will get around about 130rwkw's.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Bigger injectors will do **** all for your almost stocko V6 dude. You would need a bigger fuel pump, even if you got that, pouring more fuel into your engine isn't going to help with power, it will just waste fuel. Bigger TB will do **** all as with the mods you have, you can put a bigger TB on, but your engine won't suck more air in because of it (unless of course you had it tuned).

Try a set of good extractors for your exhaust, a flash tune from either Greenfoam, Doctor Bob or Delcowizzard (all forum members), a stage 2 shift kit and a good CAI.

Gutting your cat is a dumb idea too, if a cop notices that (which a trained one could due to the awful noise it emits), so go to the wreckers and buy a stock cat and put that in. It does sweet F/A for power and even if it did, it's not worth the fine you would get for having a gutted cat.

madvsbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vsbt1
ok then i will post me car here asap and i have got heaps of pics i need to know what happened to the manifold chambers any ideas and why and how this hap????then i rebuild the bloody thing and now still not good?anyway let me know all here ok guys and your advise and what u all think of me vsbt1 beast cheers and what else i can do to the car and will be for sale soon i have got 4 vr vs v6 bt1 clusters for sale also !and i have re done the klms on me car since i have done a engine rebuild!!!!!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
If you are gonna post up a thread on your car, do it in the "my ride" section not in here :)

What happened to your "manifold chambers"???