Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Relay Placement - where's the best spot to put it?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Hey Again, i'm installing four interior neons and have decided i should do the right thing and incorporate a relay in the circuitry. What i'm wanting to know is where would be a good spot to place the relay such that it is hidden and not easily visible? Being as i'm planning on putting the switch in the centre console plastic area adjacent to the right of the handbrake i thought prehaps have it hidden away under the centre console plastic in there, only thing i'm worried about is that the pins on the relay will all end up touching solid metal (the car metal underneath there) and that this will fry it... Any suggestions??

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
bolt it to the fuse box........

but why bother with a relay?? an inline switch would work just fine

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah it's just been recommend to me by 12 volt king to use a relay with anything more than 3 neons coming from one set of wiring... that and i'm doing it to get an idea of running cables from the battery so i can start on a full stereo install. Sometimes i wish i was just taking the easy way out with it though :)

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Mate just make sure its somewhere secure and if it did move a bit it wouldnt touch metal. Just insulate the little bit of metal sourrounding it. Even if it did touch it would take away the fuse and there would be no harm done.
Some relays have a plate on the back that lets you put a screw in, that will hold it up out of harms way. Just use some push on terminals that fit nice and tight and you will never have a problem.