Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

having trouble with removing headunit

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Hello, i have a VS Acclaim and am downstairs ATTEMPTING to get the bloody headunit out. I've been trying to follow the steps detailed in the tutorial in the how to's section installing a head unit in a VN to VS. I've removed the ash tray, pop out piece of console, taken the 3 screw out of the bottom, popped out that surrounding bit and am now looking at the headunit sitting there with space with wires about underneat and the AC controls on the right. So i'm up to the step that says to disconnect the blue plug from the AC switch... eerrmmm... where on earth is this? So i SKIPPED THAT because i didn't know that and went onto the temperature control stuff and took out the one screw holding that in... i pulled it out part way and it says i'm supposed to disconnect the 3 fan speed connectors so i can move it out of harms way... once again WHERE ON EARTH ARE THESE??? I've tried pulling the plugs that look like they connect in at hte back (even though i can't really see what i'm doing) but they're not coming out... please! somebody save me here!

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Have you preceded to the next step ? Undo the screw above the metal rod, this will give you better access to the electrical connections.

Attachments

• Metal rod.JPG
    Metal rod.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 182

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok cool. i've got all 3 of the connections undone now. now there's a whole bunch of wires running to it still... is that aircon/temperature panel supposed to come right off or just hang out of the way there a bit? P.S. still don't know about the whole disconnect the blue A/C button step that was before disconnecting hte other 3 connections

Thanks

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
done and done. i've been able to pull it out ok, thanks for the help