Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

executive_power

Reaction score
I have a vr commodore and the bonnet wont open, how can i open it nothing happens when you pull the release cable i think its jammed so can anyone tell me how can i open it???

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
ha ha ha sorry but i had the same prob in my vn.
try pushing hard on the bonnet whilst pulling the leaver if you can reach(the top corner i am talking about or push right in the middle at the front then try the latch again.
I know how frustrating it can be.
To fix the problem, you need to remove the plastic cover on top of the radiator(not the fan shroud) it clips out from memory. You will see where the cable runs, then adjust the cable accordingly(you will have to loosen 1 bolt)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
u need two people to do, one to push the bonnet down (at front) and one to release

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
i just broke off the lever and use pliers then clamped cable against body under bonnet but if you can get it open first then clamp cable you wont need to break lever.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
to open bonnet when by oneself, and your lever don't work, and you haven't got around to fixing it yet, stand outside drivers door, open door, position yourself with one hand pushing down on bonnet, other hand through drivers door pulling up on lever... does the trick when you are by yourself.

executive_power

Reaction score
nah shes still jammed, ive done everything but it still wont open.:b:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
this is a bit of a tricky way to open it...but it'll definately work.
you need to get a pretty big flat head screw driver and some multi grips...
get one hand up under the front bar of the car and find the bottom of the bolt thats attached to the hood (the one that has the spring attached to it)
it will have a flat head slit in the bottom...
use the flat head srewdriver to turn this bolt (it'll be very hard at first) and the multi grips to hold the big flat nut in place on the other end of the bolt.
keep undoing the bolt till it comes out of the bonnet..and then you can open it.....
this is really tricky on vr-vs because the grille piece is part of the front bar...on a vn-vp you can get a phillips head screwdriver in just where the bonnet closes and unscrew the grille piece and its ALOT easier to get at the bolt im talkin about.

executive_power

Reaction score
i cant get the flat head screwdriver in the hole cause the radiator guard is blocking the way.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
the only way i found to open when my bonnet when it was playing up was to give it some good nudges right at the front of the bonnet near the mechanism
while getting some1 to yank at the lever in the car....

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
an easier way i found was to usew the large an long screwdriver to move the spring from underneath the car( its the one thats catches the pin) around till it pops off, i hope this helps:D

Attachments

• itt38l_in.jpg
    itt38l_in.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 109