Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i take my fuel lines off

M

MON57A

im disconecting my engine on my vs commodore and i am having trouble taking off the fuel lines off because of a special bolt that has to be squezzed out?
look i have no clue so any HOLDEN lovers that can help me out will be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
ummm... bolts can't be squeezed out, and it they can then they're RS.
should be as simple as undoing hoise clamps on fuel lines and pulling hoses off the lines and rail

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
They are all hose clamps on the fuel lines...on my car anyway...Ichanged them all to the endless jubilee type...the old factory ones screw up and cant go any further and then leak.

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
MON57A said:
im disconecting my engine on my vs commodore and i am having trouble taking off the fuel lines off because of a special bolt that has to be squezzed out?
look i have no clue so any HOLDEN lovers that can help me out will be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presume you're having trouble with the quick release connectors at the firewall?
They need a piece of thin split plastic tube, similar diameter as the steel pipe and about 25mm long, that will slide over the steel pipe.
Push the tube up into the quick release connector at the same time push the connector into the steel pipe. You'll hear it click then just pull it off.
I made mine from the top of a biro.
I first tried some black poly from the sprinkler system, which worked but was a bit flimsy.

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Gregory's manual states to use a pen lid, cut the top off, and put a slit down the side.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
You can get that special tool from Repco..