Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough price for dark tint?

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Ok the tint on my VR is not very dark at all, and is MAJORLY starting to peel off and crease, so much so that it could probably be defected for it. I have already got my rear window tinted dark, and I want to get the rest of windows tinted DARK. How much would it cost for all windows except the rear one to be tinted as dark as possible? Just so I know if the guys quoting me arnt be ripping me off.

Also could guys post some pics of how dark certain percentages of tint are?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
depends how good quality you want the tint...
you could pay like $150 for some dark tint but it'll fade and doesnt come with any warranty.
my vs cost me $400 for a "formula one" tint which is darkest legal and comes with a guarantee not to fade and warranty for life.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
i got mine done from a guy from the commodore crusie club forums for $190, darkest legal tint alround cep the back window which is 20% for $190 and came to me and did it....looks really good and lots of people have used this guy to get their car tinted and not had a problem....he uses the same supplier of tint professor and stuff.
Its so cheap cause hes got no over heads etc..
if u want me to give u his number let me know n il try find it

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Tint Professor is $265 for whole sedan, darkest legal, lifetime warranty etc etc and did an excellent job

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Doesnt sound too bad, Ill call up a local place where I got it done last time, Solartint, they did a pretty good job.

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
KILLERVS said:
Tint Professor is $265 for whole sedan, darkest legal, lifetime warranty etc etc and did an excellent job
Damn good price. I got a quote from Tint-A-Car Slacks Creek [[email protected]]:
The cost to tint your in our top of the range film called Formula One would be $450.00. The heat rejection is 61% and warranty is 25 years which includes colour fade. We have a new tint called Midnight Express which is $395.00, has a 58% heat rejection and a 10 year colour fade warranty. Ash Cool would be $295.00 with a heat rejection of 55% and 10 year warranty (not on colour fade). All these tints have a UV block of 99%. If there is existing film on you car windows there would be a charge of $88.00 to remove the old film.