Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS seriesII starting prob

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I have owned my vs for just over a year, it has always started very well!!!
just starting to have some sort of problem.....sometimes I put the key in and turn and it takes a second or two to crank over, cranks over a couple of times and then starts.....the leads and plugs look like they have never been replaced, would this be a good start?????????

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mm would like to know too. Only an issue when car is colds, starts a dream when warm.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you look at your key you will note that next to the metal key thingo there is also a metal tip sticking out of the black plastic. Apparently when you insert the key in the ignition keyhole, that metal tip makes contact with that metal ring around the keyhole and tells the car "this bloke is OK, you can start". If it doesn't make good contact then there may be a delay till you (unconsciously) move the key around and it makes contact and passes the code to the ECU. Similarly it can be the key battery going a bit flat.
Next time it happens remove the key and turn it 180 degrees and re-insert.

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
legend hako, I have spent the day trying to solve it and that was one of the possibilitys I had yet to try.....I think you hit the nail on the head, will try and replace battery soon and let ya know....ran computer diagnostics today with the old paperclip trick it told me all was good!!!!!!

P

pat

a shaged starter solenoid will also present this problem and is fairly common in commos.