Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I Put A Vs Sentor Box In My Vr Ss??

J

jefroz

Hi Guys Does Any1 Know If I Can Put A Vs Senator Auto Gear Box In To My Vr Ss And Any1 That Will Do It!?!?!?!?

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
yes you can and not much
depends what series vr you have. series 1 had the t700 box which was a standard 4 speed with kick down cable. the vs will be the 4l60e box which was an electronic 4 speed(still used today) the gear ratios were only slightly different although the advantage of one of these is you can have an electronic shift kit so when you hit power button it will chirp gears like a stage 2 but when in normal will drive like normal.

end of the day though a lot of money for very little difference

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
All VR's had the 4L60E. That's common goddamn knowledge.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
VROCIOUS said:
the gear ratios were only slightly different although the advantage of one of these is you can have an electronic shift kit so when you hit power button it will chirp gears like a stage 2 but when in normal will drive like normal.

Are you for real? All the "power" button does is hold the car in gear for another 500rpm(ish) before it shifts. Nothing to do with extra power, just holds it abit longer before shifting.

If you want more punch from the box, get a stage two kit and a corvette servo put in. Trust me, works VERY well

:driving: