Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS cruise control wiring diagram

B

bf6379

Hello,
I drive a HZ Kingswood with a VP Commodore V6 engine and 4L60 transmission. A while ago I asked here, and received a wiring diagram for a VP cruise control system.
I finally bought a cruise control module to install in my Kingswood, but I bought one out of a VS.
I believe there may be some differences in the wiring (brake switch circuit and dash indicators, etc).
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the VS system, scanned from workshop manual or other? I need something that actually shows the pin numbering on the cruise module and also the value of the resistor that I believe is wired in between the switches in the control stalk.
I am an electronics technician so technical talk is ok.

Anyone with info can email me at: bf6379 (at) hotmail.com

Thanks,
Brett.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres the diagram
Resistor is 470 ohms
Differences between the two models with the brakes switch is that the cruise stepper module is fed individually from each brake switch on the vr/s but on the vn/p it they are in series and the indication is for cruise on is in the cluster on the vs and its on the switchblock on the earlier model.

Attachments

• vs cruise.jpg
    vs cruise.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 39,349

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Question regarding cruise control on a VS - What would be responsible for me being unable to set speed? It enables ok (cruise light comes on) but when I press set the car doesn't hold speed. Would one or both cruise cancel switches be the cause of this?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Usually the brake switch needs adjusting.You just push the switch forward towards the pedal until it clicks a few times and then grab the brake pedal and pull it up to the stop.The pedal contacts the switch and pushes the switch back and will adjust to the right position...too easy.