Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Engine mounts help needed..

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I need to replace my engine mounts my mate who was a mechanic said we can do them ourselves to save me some dosh if they are easy to get at..
How easy are they to access..

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
pretty easy to get at. did mine two years ago.
support engine (with jack or what have you) undo bolts, install new one. put bolts in and tighten....

after you take old one out you can have some fun lining engine up to take new one! reasonably easy though.

check out this thread:

showthread.php

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
if you have a hoist to use it will take you guys 15 mins you may need the airconditioning condenser off to get the passenger side in and out

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
thanks guys, dont have a hoist but a mate is bringing around a jack and car stands for me to use..

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Could you take some pics and make a bit of a how to guide. I need to do mine soon.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
no worries ill get my mate to bring his camera with him and I'll do a tutorial up, I gotta do the front and rea brakes too any one want me to do one up for that as well

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
You'll be flat out getting the camera in there, prettty squeasy.
The left one is good as soon as the aircon compressor is out. That's difficult as its bolts are hard against the chassis rail so some guys undo the mounts from the cross member and jack up the engine to clear. I mananged it without all that drama but you need a good selection of spanners.
The right one is impossible to see as there is a wiring harnesses and the autos oil cooler pipes in the way. If you remove the power steer pump and the oil filter you can get a better view but that one's all done by feel.
The go is to install the left one but leave it loose through the cross member.
Then install the right one and leave it loose on the block until you've lined up its cross member bolts.
Good luck.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
There are a few dramas with angles and clearances but basically I did it with a chain block on either side lifting from the bracket on the left and the manifold studs on the right.
You might have to remove the pipe from the airbox as it might not like flexing as you have to raise the engine up fairly high and also make sure you dont push the throttle body bracket into the firewall by lifting too high or take it off if you cant avoid doing it.
If your power steering return hose hasnt been changed for a while and its gone hard ,the lifting also might make it leak and run out all over the floor ..anyway thats what happenned to me....so I had to get a new one on top of all the mount drama.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yeah mate, do the brakes as well. Lots of pics of exactly what is happening.