Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

muf mods

I

Insanesinner

hi all just wondering what is the best way to get a good note out of ya car. I dont want performance just the note as in a soft purr. the guy at the shop said the best thing would be to just remove the rear muffler as putting hotdogs on would make it to loud

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
are we talkin about the stock exhaust?
if so...you could put a straight through pipe after the cat...or even just a exhaust tip would improve the note a little...
depends what you budget is really.

I

Insanesinner

yES THATS IT. all i want is a nice note, the dude said that would be the best way to go but i was just wondering if any 1 new a good way to get it. All so would this then be a defect ?

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
if its for a V6 just get rid of the rear muffler and put a straight through pipe on it and if its a bit too loud for u then put a hot dog in it. if its the stock system then it shouldnt be too lound to defect you. cheers mark

I

Insanesinner

IMPSTR said:
if its for a V6 just get rid of the rear muffler and put a straight through pipe on it and if its a bit too loud for u then put a hot dog in it. if its the stock system then it shouldnt be too lound to defect you. cheers mark
YEAH might just go with that. The rear muffler replaced with hotdog. P.s not the guy from big brother as that would scrape on speed bump's

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
Insanesinner said:
YEAH might just go with that. The rear muffler replaced with hotdog. P.s not the guy from big brother as that would scrape on speed bump's

would that be a bad thing? i'll even help you install him. :rofl:

I

Insanesinner

ok i took rear muffler off and put a straight pipe on.

Last edited by a moderator:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
he does it again!!! (feel free to delete this post mods, im bored)

could there be some way to block posting on threads so many months old or ones that havent been viewed in a long time or something.

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
well i reckon its better than creating a new thread that takes up more room on the forum...