Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore exessive fuel usage

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Hi,
I have a VS 97 series 2 v6 ute, when i first bought it it got 330k to a tank with minute air con usage, i got the injectors replaced with new ones and new fuel filter, and put fuel injector cleaner in the tank of 98 optimax fuel, i got 400k with no air con and 1/4-1/2 freeway driving, i was wondering what else i can look at as i have been told that 400 is not much, as other ppl get around 600ish.
also at idle it will miss every now and then but not every time i stop at light to take off sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then it will happen. Holden told me that it is common in the vs models.
any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
look at things like sensors, ie oxy and coolant temp, because if either of these are stuffed, it'll dump fuel in, meaning more money to the servo. other than that, I can only suggest finding a mechanic and becoming good mates with him

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I have replaced the plugs leads, full service and there is no black smoke coming out of exhaust although it does smell very fumey as in fuel or exhaust fumes, my uncle has a vs statesman and his is no where near as smelly as my ute.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
How are you measuring the kms you are getting out of a tank?

About 500kms is a good.

I have started a post on fuel usage http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=25688

This might give you an idea on how to accuratly measure fuel usage and expected kms from a tank. Also lets you compare your fuel usage to other peoples.

vs-s-pak-ute

Cowboys From Hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pack Ute
i have a 97 series 2 ute, and it gets about 400km to a tank a bit more if doin freeway drivin. i think the utes have smaller fuel tanks than sedans. i'm not sure though just guessin

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
My VSII sedan gets about 360km before the fuel warning beeps at me. thats usually with about 8 litres left. How does everyone else compare to this? Was considering full injector service but it is so expensive and would take years of money saved on fuel to pay for itself.