Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

beep beep bip bip bip

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ok, here's my issue. When I drive my car cold, I have no noises coming from the dash. No beeping, no nothing, I can drive in perfect harmony with the world, and it drives in perfect harmony with me :p

But if my car has been sitting all day, ie while at work or on the lawn, then when I start it and drive off, the dash makes the beeping noise as described in my title: beep beep bip bip bip. I was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem and if they fixed it/ knows something about it?

Cheers.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sorry to sound ignorant but your second sentence seems to contradict your first sentence - the car would be cold in both instances.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
thats sounds like the handbrake warning tone or it could be the low fuel warning

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
lol hako, yeah it does sound a little contradictory. In both instances the engine is cold right, but I seem to get this problem after the car has been sitting outside in the sun, hence my thoughts about something being warm.

Handbrake is off, no light comes on and fuel aint low. Tend to beep when I accelerate too if that helps anyone

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Yours is a Berlina so it has more electrics to go wrong!!!! Haven't got any aftermarket electronics fitted like stereo/immobiliser/reversing sensors? The clue has to be that the engine is cold but the cabin is hot.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
fuel/handbrake/coolant temp beep too i think berlinas had them

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Seems a strange problem... have you tried leaving your car in the sun with the windows down so the interior doesn't heat up...then see if it does it ?

If it does it with the windows down I have NFI...but if it doesn't do it with the windows down then I'd say the problem is caused by heat effecting the dash electronics somehow.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
like i said it is the handbrake beep

your handbrake might not be on but you are getting that warning

start by pullin gthe handbrake up and seeing if the light on the dash comes on

if it doesnt replace the globe and you will find it will now be on all the time meaning you need to fix the handbrake switch

if the globe is good the its your cluster

pull it out and you will find a black 6 pin connector on the back now get a multimeter and test for condinuity on all of the traces you will find that one has broken over time. go to jaycar and get a conductive silver varnish pen and now paint in the crack and it wont beep no more...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
On the VS it has a chime for the handbrake on, not a beep beep roadrunner sound.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If I may humbly remind you, a chime does not make a "beep beep bip bip bip" sound - a chime is:
"To make a musical sound by striking a bell or set of bells." - thats from the dictionary.
The VS is fitted with a "chime"
The dictionary says of a "beep":
Main Entry: 1beep
Pronunciation: 'bEp
Function: noun
Etymology: imitative
: a short usually high-pitched sound (as from a horn or an electronic device) that serves as a signal or warning