Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car has lost its power

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
hey all i have recently noticed that my car has no power at at all like i just rev it a bit and the engine starts to shake and barly got any balls at all and wen i try to at least do a little burn out it cant even do that like last night i was driving in the wet in my yard on concrete and just did a dounut and it did that pretty easy then i tryed to just do a little burnout on the spot and the tyres were barely moving and when i put the car to lpg i just rev just a tiny bit it makes a loud puff noise and im thinkin that this might have cause from when i installed a pod filter on the car so if any 1 knows how to help fix this problem it would be great. thanks

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
when you installed the pod filter did you install the oxygen and air flow senser on to it? if not running a diagnostics to see if any warnings come up.

J

Joes_meat

Does the car idle well?

Does the motor vibrate or shake?

It could be something simple like a coil pack, leads/spark plugs - have you had them changed recently?
Give your leads a wiggle on both ends just in case it's a bad connection.

lesovers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe Sedan, VS II Wagon
Disturbed_vegeta

I have had my VS wagon for a few years and it took me a while to work out this problem and a permanent solution for it. The VS would have rough idling, lacked power and acceleration. The problem turned out to be poor connections on the ignition leads to the coils and spark plugs.

Replacing the leads however will normally only last a few days as the heat and vibration soon loosens then up again (heat shields do not help). I solved this problem by making my own leads with grub screw connectors on both ends. The only problem I had was the selection of the insulators as some can cause leaking EHT and back firing.

The difference in the acceleration is unbelievable, you can plant your foot and spin the back wheels easily, even on new tyres. The car just cruses at 100Kph with a slight touch on the accelerator.

The VX had the same problem and the improvement was almost the same.

Les

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
mate, had a simmilar problem, ran hell rough, no power at all, strange, kinda spitting noises from my exhaust. it turned out to be some dead coils. all up a coupla hunded fitted and it rund#s fin now

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
yea i was thinking that could be the problem well anyways im hoping to be buy a vr wagon for the body coz mines smashed and i want to know if the coils out of a vr would workin the ecotec engines coz i could just use them.