Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much to clean throttle body?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Howdy all, i'm after a quick quote on how much i'd be looking at (roughly) to get my throttle body cleaned? And/Or is it worth me getting a 70mm ported throttle body?

Thanks all,
Boojakz.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
well you can clean it yourself for $2 to buy a can of degreaser or you could pay som1 an outrageous price to do it for you

i dont see it worth buynig a 70mm throttlebody as ive heard of people loosing power from them and people want a couple hundred $$$ for them

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
u dont use degreaser, you should use a actually carby cleaner, about 10 bux from holden, take the air intake pipep off spray in, then open the betterfly and spray in again

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
pfft why spend $10 when a two dollar can works fine and you take the whole thing off to clean it you dont want all the crap going into your engine

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
do you do this while the car is running?

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
is it hard to dismantel?

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
two 10mm nuts and its off just be carefull not to break the gasket so you can re use it otherwise its $2.50 for a new one

dont do it while on the car the idea is to get the carbon out of the enigne not get it further in

if you have never done it before it will take 15mins max to take off clean and replace

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
i had mine done at holden, i can't remember if it cost me $180 or $80 tho lol :hit:

ahh well... its not cheap either way lol

raZel :thumbsup:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Where can I purchase a gasket from? I tried Repco but they didnt stock anything

M

megee83

ask repco, they will order one on if they dont have one in stock... if not, go to a holden dealership with a parts division. payin a $180 bucks to get someone else to clean it is crazy, even $80 is a rort. dont matter what car really, 15 mins should be plenty o time to get it off.

im thinkin o puttin a larger throttle body on my vl now, more air in = bigger better boom = more power, as far as im concerned at least... thats a basic of internal combustion engines right?