Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Light Switch Query.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
I jst went down to holden and got myself a factory fog light switch.. i have after market fog light ( not GMH ones..) but i was hoping that i could still hook it up some how.. on the back of the switch there seems to be a heap of prongs.. how many of them do i really need? also does anyone know if i have the running wire in my car already? i have a VS S2 Esteem..
Cheers

raZel :thumbsup:

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
2 of the prongs are for the lights to be switched on or off
2 are for the light to come on so you can see the switch at night.
2 are for the little round light that comes on to indicate your lights are turned on

i'm pretty sure that there is only 6 prongs but i did this a real long time ago and was drunk at the time.

i had to go too a wreckers and get the part of a wiring harness (just the plug that goes into the back of the swicth)

i then used a test lamp to figure which prongs did what.

i then spliced the switches back light into a near by one.
then ran a wire from the high beams through the switch and back through the relay for the new lights and then ran a wire from the relay back throught the prong for the lights on indicator then to earth.

hope this helps you get onto the right track at least, this is from along time ago and i'm not an auto electrician, so there is probably a better way of doing all this.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn