Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Kits

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
I have a '96 VS Clubsport auto and i am wanting to get a shift kit put into it. i have no idea what im really looking for or what to expect to pay i have been told i can get one for $250. can someone please give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
D.I.Y B&M kits for $80, I have one in my v6 and my bro in his SS both of us get churps 1st/2nd

C

charged6_vsacclaim

that sounds sweet notorious. is it hard to install thinking of doing it to my vs v6

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Also interested.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
yea same here, is it hard to install?
and also, might sound a bit silly, but how exactly do shift kits work and what do they do too?
thankz

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
charged6_vsacclaim said:
that sounds sweet notorious. is it hard to install thinking of doing it to my vs v6
I know of a first timer who did his own in a VQ stato and it took a few hours bacause he messed up and didn't realise till near completion, but said it was easy otherwise
nick88 said:
yea same here, is it hard to install?
and also, might sound a bit silly, but how exactly do shift kits work and what do they do too?
thankz
increasing pressure on the servo I think and sometimes creating higher line pressure

on advise from members on another forum, I would steer clear of b&m. Transgo sell kits for around the same price, and no-one seems to have probs with transgo

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Basically you pay for what you get. Those B&M shifters just up the servo preasure. I'm not a fan of them as your still running stock parts. I'm in the middle of getting some quotes for a shift kit (stage 2 l think) and some diff work, l'll post the prices here when l hear from the guy.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
charged6_vsacclaim said:

No mate, you have to take the pan off and the throttle body out... its a few holes drilled with the drill peice provided and a couple solid collars.. its all in the instructions... not hard at all, id say a better investment then my exhaust, and that was $900..........

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
DSTRBD said:
I know of a first timer who did his own in a VQ stato and it took a few hours bacause he messed up and didn't realise till near completion, but said it was easy otherwise

increasing pressure on the servo I think and sometimes creating higher line pressure

on advise from members on another forum, I would steer clear of b&m. Transgo sell kits for around the same price, and no-one seems to have probs with transgo

I beg to differ... the transgo ones are in the $200 + mark and are a basic pull apart... up to u mate but you decide...

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
where did you get your one from Notorious is there a website or anything?
thanks