Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

????AIR BAG light always on????

skonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Commodore Series II
Heyguys, i recently re-connected my speed alert and now my low fuel indicator, speed alert and air bag lights work, but the air bag light is constantly on... does this mean there is a fault with my airbag? what needs to be done to fix the problem??
any help much appreciated.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I had a similar problem when I turned the ignition on with the dashboard out resulting in the airbag light coming on all the time. I had to get the light removed by a mechanic with his scanning tool - only cost $10 but I've heard they can charge up to $30.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Agree with Hako. The airbag control unit runs through a diagnostic every time the ignition is turned on. If the unit detects a problem it sets a trouble code in the BCM (body control module) - rather than the more normal engine etc. codes that are stored in the ECM/PCM. You need to get the BCM code reset by someone who has access to a Tech1/Tech2 device - GM dealer, electrician etc.

only-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vy + 20s = good
i had the same problem with the light check the fuse