Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warning

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
a coulpe of months bac i had some nolathane bushes put on my car, about two months on i notice a weird sound when braking. so i got it check at the suspension shop an they notice that one of the bushes where the radius rod connects to the control arm was sheared off:( . luckly i found out sooner an got it fix.

so to all who have purchased nolathane bushes, beware an if u notice any sounds that are weird please get it check for your own an others safetly

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah mate I've had a few guys working in different suspension shops say nolathane are crap. they all say they crumble

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Strange...they probably weren't fitted properly to start with...

I think I heard nolathane bushes need to be greased up when installed...

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
Hi there, i found out as i was walking into the workshop when they were putting mine in, it seems that the car should be put down after the bushes are put in with the bolts left lose. And when the weight is on the wheels then the bolts should be tightend so that the bushes don't rip when putting the cars weight onto the bushes as this makes them twist round and rip,also make sure you use the grease that come's in the pack with the bushes,dont use a heap just a littlie

B

bns-sticky

When I done mine in the front end I had the ute on the hoist and took them out and replaced them while the wheels were off then once i got the back on and put the nylon nuts on I put the wheels back on then tightened it all up while the ute was sitting normally. I haven't had any hassles with mine and my ute cops a flogging on dirt roads and doing circle work down the paddock. I also put a thin film of grease over mine too.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
i had my mine fitted by a well known shop in perth with many years experience so i know they were fitted right, but the strange thing was it only happen to one side. any way im going back to get a different brand fitted by them an i think i'll get a new sway bar to go with it :)

B

built4girls

dinodog said:
Hi there, i found out as i was walking into the workshop when they were putting mine in, it seems that the car should be put down after the bushes are put in with the bolts left lose. And when the weight is on the wheels then the bolts should be tightend so that the bushes don't rip when putting the cars weight onto the bushes as this makes them twist round and rip,also make sure you use the grease that come's in the pack with the bushes,dont use a heap just a littlie
This is correct, it must be done to get the correct positioning otherwaise they are not situated correctly they rub with every move the car makes.

This must be done with most bushings that get put on the car