Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bodykit question/repaint

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey everyone im new here i read most of the topics and this place kicks ass
annyways i was wondering something...I get my car in a week or so and its stock and i dont like the way it looks like stock so i want to get a bodykit for it full ofcourse but i live in Victoria/Dandenong and i dont have a clue where i can get one and i dont have a credit card....so i was thinking do u guys have anny places that u can refer me to.... most of the cars on here with bodykits looks so awsome...i want a VT clubsport one so if u can tell me the Price the Places that would be so great annyways to the other question...i want to repaint my car as the paint is faded just the outside nothing to do with the engine bay and i was thinking whats quality paint when repainting(the car is red) and how much would it cost me...so it looks nice.:bow:

Thnx in advance
Drags

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
The kit will cost you about $1200 brand new, which u can get from places such as www.ssv.com.au and www.asv.com.au
To spray and fit the kit is a different matter and isn't so easy to give an estimate. If they have problems fitting the kit (as its more then likely going to be fibreglass) then they'll charge you extra. Roughly though, it should cost again about $1200+. I had an original SS kit (which means its plastic, not fibreglass) with some colour coding done and extra parts included, sprayed and fitted for just about grand, so it won't be less then that.

To respray the car will cost you well over $3000, unless you do all the prep work yourself.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
wow

Thnx for such a fast reply ill look in2 the bodykit sites....and OMG over 3g's to respray it thats alot of money :cry:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hey mate, if you have a look around you'll find that vt-vx-vy clubby kits are pretty easily bought for about $800-(i wont say, way too much) these days.. ebay can sometimes help in finding less well know fibreglassing places, which will sell their kits for alot less than the big places.
also if your not too shabby with a screw driver you should easily be able to fit the kit yourself with the help of a mate (to hold pieces in place..etc.).

LethalVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L ute
with the respary ask around before u make any decisions i got my vs sedan resprayed for $1500. yeah you would pay $3000 if u wanted a custom job

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
I was looking at a body kit for my VR a couple of days ago. I rang a place up and the quote came to about $2800, fitted & sprayed with a wing. They need my car for a couple of hours to match the paint. After that they paint the parts (about three days) then back for half a day for fitting. Here's the URL if you want to have a look. Photos too:
http://www.exoticar.com.au/holden.html

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thats alot just to supply,spray and fit a bodykit man...especially in s/e qld, where there's that many places around the competition keeps prices down.
have a look around and you should be able to find a kit and get it sprayed for under $2k easy and then fit it yourself, its so damn easy you'd cry if you paid someone else to do it then found out how simple it is.

AnthsVSLexcen

Reaction score
hey mate if your in dandeong check out XXX body kits. there on cheltnham rd and they do vt, vx and vy kits for VR and VS's

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
2_SeeK_U said:
The kit will cost you about $1200 brand new, which u can get from places such as www.ssv.com.au and www.asv.com.au
To spray and fit the kit is a different matter and isn't so easy to give an estimate. If they have problems fitting the kit (as its more then likely going to be fibreglass) then they'll charge you extra. Roughly though, it should cost again about $1200+. I had an original SS kit (which means its plastic, not fibreglass) with some colour coding done and extra parts included, sprayed and fitted for just about grand, so it won't be less then that.

To respray the car will cost you well over $3000, unless you do all the prep work yourself.

Hey I recently purchased SS skirting, is it a bitch to install? I suppose you would have to start drilling into the plastic, but the sides can be more difficult, colour coding hopefully shouldn't cost a lot.