Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Engine running rough

D

DaddyCool

I would like to know what could cause the engine in my VR to start running rough? Sometimes when i start the engine it runs like its only on 5 cyls. When i turn off for a few minutes and start again it would be OK... not this time. I have changed plugs & leads not long ago and swapped leads to try & find the stuffed one but still no change. Car runs on LPG and theres water coming out from the exhaust and a rich fuel smell.... have also removed the engine fuse and replaced with no improvements..Computer fault codes r ok with code 12. Help pls...:b:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
water out exhuast = blown head gasket prolly, thats why itll be running rough

had the same problem and so did my son in law we checked out the coils my car started playing up first and when i checked the coils with an ohm meter you don't have to take the coils of just pull of the leads and test each one negative any side positive the other you will find out what it is supposed to read in the manual then replace the faulty coil when my son in laws did the same thing to check it out we took one of my car and put on his and it fixed it so he bought a new coil never had anymore trouble