Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr/vs Calais/statesman

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i am currently in the process of selling my beloved vt v6 to upgrade to a v8 manual i was wondering if the vr/vs calais/statesman did come out factory with manual 8 ?? or if any of the supercharged 6 models came out in a manual , is it to much of an effort to search or should i try put my efforts into getting an ss ???

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
there is no such thing as a manual calais/statesman or a manual supercharged 6. Go for an SS. Unless you want to convert auto to manual.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As said, you'll go some finding them in manual.

First of all, NO statesman ever came factory with a manual, although i know of a few converted from new.

NO super6 comes with a manual from factory, unless you know someone really high up, as a mates dad had a factory one from new.

With the Calais', its posible. I think there were something like 20 or so VP V8 manual Calais', but even less in VR, and none in VS. Have you thought about a HSV? despite what people say, there insurance isn't that much dearer, then you get one of those wank factor stickers....
you can get most HSV models in manual, and if your budget will allow, get a GTS with a 6 speed.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
evil_monkey said:
i am currently in the process of selling my beloved vt v6 to upgrade to a v8 manual i was wondering if the vr/vs calais/statesman did come out factory with manual 8 ?? or if any of the supercharged 6 models came out in a manual , is it to much of an effort to search or should i try put my efforts into getting an ss ???

Super6 is the better motor and the auto will nail a manual all day everyday :D ... unless you spend heaps on working and fueling the v8... but its easier to get bolt on mods for the S/C 6... the S/C responsiveness is neck snapping !...and it's true what they say....once you've had a blo-job you won't want anything else...:p

As for manuals...you can find the odd SS or rare Berlina equiped model... I've spent the last year studying the car market... and manuals are rocking horse ****...you wont find a S/C manual unless its been converted ( I have never seen any in the last year)...and you'd be lucky to snap up a good S/C that isn't a Statesman aswell.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
seems the worlds full of very lazy people these days, i dont care what anyone says you cant beat a manual

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
evil_monkey said:
seems the worlds full of very lazy people these days, i dont care what anyone says you cant beat a manual

The only place I prefer a manual is on a hilly winding road...but give me an auto anyday for daily start stop traffic...:wave:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
sixshooter said:
auto will nail a manual all day everyday :D ....
is that talking stock for stock? or are you meaning worked auto stock manual...yeah, thought so.

I've had an auto and a manual in the same cars, both stock, and the manual was quicker every day of the week, without fail.

then move on to my VP, when it was auto, my mates VS V6 Manual would beat my car, yet when i changed to manual, i could beat him.

obviously thats only from personal experience, as your opinion may be, but i'll stick to what i saw in front of me

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
STEALTHY said:
is that talking stock for stock? or are you meaning worked auto stock manual...yeah, thought so.

I've had an auto and a manual in the same cars, both stock, and the manual was quicker every day of the week, without fail.

then move on to my VP, when it was auto, my mates VS V6 Manual would beat my car, yet when i changed to manual, i could beat him.

obviously thats only from personal experience, as your opinion may be, but i'll stick to what i saw in front of me

:D damn I was expecting a bite from my v6 S/C better than a v8 remark :p

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Actually... a mate I used to work with had a Turbo VL Calais Auto when I had my VK 304-4spd SL....and we done some performance testing with both cars :p...he'd jump a car length in front of me everytime I changed gear ! both were very stock...if you didn't count my Brocky heads... he'd nail me in top end... but up to 3rd it was very even except when I reached for another cog....he'd be 3 car lengths ahead by then.