Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR - Indicator lever!

Ricko

Ricko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Hey people,

I have a problem with my indicator stick...It feels as if the mechanism inside the steering column has been really worn out. The lever is too easy to push up or down and when it returns to normal (after turning a corner) it tends to buzz. To fix it, every time I turn a corner I have to adjust the loose lever so it shuts up! I guess it is buzzing because it's sitting right on the point where it turns on and off (if that made any sense).

Its really annoying and its slowly getting worse. I asked a mate who had a similar problem with his magna and he recon's it cost him $600. I hope i dont have to spend that kind of money to get it fixed.
Does anyone know if it is a common problem with VR's

I have a 94 VR berlina

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Chris

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Never had this problem but just have a look on ebay and find another one or go to the wreakers. You can pick them up cheap and should be able to do it yourself. Have to look in the Gregorys manual for a few tips but they should give instructions. Wreakers should help you out too and I dont think it would cost you too much.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Adding to what Kopper69 said, if you have an airbag fitted make sure you do read a manual before removing the steering wheel.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Try opening it and repairing it yourself, whos know what condition it will be in if buying 2nd hand.

Ricko

Ricko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
ta for that guy's