Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo ecotec

B

boostedvsute

hay i was just wondering what if any complaints you guys have heard about turboed ecotech v6's i have heard that there is alot of power to be had but i have also heard that they are prone to failure and a bitch to tune heard of any cars with this mod done?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
there's a company in toowoomba who have built a few turbo ecotecs, they use factory engines, not rebuilds, and the two I've seen both run a motec. one is single trubo VS on 7/12psi makes 350hp on 12, other is VY twin turbo on 7/12psi, makes 330 on 12 but i think it was a dud or unfinished tune.
parently the ecos are a lot stronger than what people think.
Even if you do use an L67 short block, you'd do well to re-bore it to clean it up, or buya short motor from holden, but rumour says there's not many left

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
the only problem with blown applications with a normal ecotec is that is runs at a higher compression than its s/c brother and you cant use as much boost (just like vrocious said).
and due to the s/c ecotec being build specifically for forced induction it just makes sense to use that as a base platform for any serious blown projects.