Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Using old fuel/oil mix in VR

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
HI all.
I have about 2 1/2 litres of ULP with a 50:1 mix of 2 stroke oil which I was using for my pump, but it's gone off as it's a bit too old, & the pump doesn't like it. Bought & mixed in late November.
Would it be ok to mix this in with a full tank of the PULP I use in my VR, to use it up. Will it clog up the injectors or do some other damage?
I have nothing else to use it in and don't want to just throw it on the grass.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
take it to the tip, no point in clogging up the motor and finding it will do some damage. 2 1/2 ltrs isnt worth it.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Thanks fabz. Didn't think of that. I'll wait til the tip's open at the weekend & see if they'll take it.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I read somewhere that if you use 2 stroke fuel in an unleaded 4 stroke engine you can clog the catalytic converter up so what fabz says is spot on.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Thanks hako. There's another thing I didn't think of. The catalytic converter. Bloody later model cars. Before this one the latest model cars I had ever owned were my XE Falcon & Camira, both 1983 models. Looks like I still have a lot to learn about these damn '90s cars.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I wouldn't just throw it away... put it in a spray bottle and use it on the weeds in the garden.