Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cruise control on manual. help plz

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
hey guys, Ive just gone out and brought the manual conversion kit for my Vr, But i was just wondering did the manuals come with cruise control. The pedal box i got with the kit only had a switch (for the cruise) on the brake pedal. What i want to know is does there need to be a switch on the clutch pedal aswell? and if the donor car did not have cruise will the computer be able to use it?
oh and another thing before i forget. do i need the manual loom for the engine bay or can i just use the auto loom. will it plug straight in or will i need to modify it?
Thanks in advance.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Some Answers.

Hi,

I have a VS Series 2 Manual that I bought new in 1997.

I bought the Holden cruise control kit, and had it fitted within the first couple of weeks.

Turned out to be easy. My car had IRS, ABS and dual airbags, which were options on the Executive model. The wiring loom had the cruise control connectors, probably because of the option fit.

The only addition to the kit was a microswitch for the clutch pedal in series with the microswitch on the brake pedal. Since there was no dedicated mounting place for the clutch microswith, a little ingenuity was needed, but it was not hard.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe all BCM's support cruise control. Reason for this is that it was an option for Executive auto's, and also available as a dealer accessory.

Sorry, but can't help with the wiring loom question at this time. I believe that the auto and manual use different computers however.

All the best.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
No manuals had factory fitted cruise control but I just put a bracket off the sheet metal bottom bracket and fixed it to the upper part of the metal work and put a hole that was clearance for the factory brake switch in line with the pedal arm and wired it in series with the other one.You need it for the times you are in cruise in 5th and you come to a place where you have to shift down and you push the clutch in without realisiing cruise is on and the revs go through the roof.
The manuals use a different engine loom and computer to the autos and the ecm in a auto is called a power train module but in a man it is still called a ecm

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
So can i use the current loom and just modify it? i have read in other posts that you can just rewire the reverse lights? does that work or do i need to get a loom?