Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY Killswitch

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i would like to know as well...even tho i got an alarm n sh!t, i wanna put a few kill switches, ive been over protective since wagon got stolden a couple years ago

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You will need to know how to cut and join wires and a knowledge of basic wiring of relays. Then you need to decide what you will isolate - maybe the fuel pump or the starter or maybe just something that will sound the horn once the ignition is turned on. Then decide where you will hide the switch - it must be easily accessible by you but hidden from general view. I installed one in my sons Pulsar which isolated the fuel pump - this required him to hold in a button when he started the car. After that he was broken into 3 times and the car was never stolen....just ransacked!. So really it can be quite simple to do. I think I've got a diagram for the relays or a link which I'll post when I find it. Good Luck.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
RE: Kill Switch for automatics

Hey Guys
My sister had a friend install a kill switch to her VN and I thought it was a great idea.
the kill switch was installed under the ash tray on the centre console and spliced in to the inhibitor line. the inhibitor is apparently the thing that wont let your car start when it's in gear.
the ash tray just lifts straight up. it's neat, tidy and out of the way.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Basically you just need to find a circuit that the car needs to run or start. You can find one by removing a fuse and seeing what the car operates like without it. Something like the fuel pump or engine. You just need to tap a switch into that circuit. The problem is getting the switch inside the car. Wiring can be difficult to get from the outside to inside of a VR/VS. If you dont do a decent job YOU wont be able to start the car if the circuit fails.

bobza

Reaction score
its possible to have two kill switches isnt it, in a manual you could have one on the fuel pump and wat else???

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
its possible to have two kill switches isnt it, in a manual you could have one on the fuel pump and wat else???

Im not really getting what youre saying... There is no reason to connect up two kill switches. As long as you have one kill switch connected up and hidden the car wont start. Installing a second kill switch doesnt make sense, you are just making more work than needed. And when you need to start your car it will look more obvious and people will see where they are -> defeating the purpose.
If you are still insistant on installing two switches, they can be installed on the same circuit.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
what everyou do, don't publise it on a forum. you can interupt any circuit that the car needs to run i.e. fuel pump, ecu, ignition, starter. there are a few others but i'll leave that to your imagination. mkae sure anything you do is totally seperate from any aftermarket alarm system as 95% of these interupt the same circuits in the same locations and most car thiefs are familair with these systems:ranting: