Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control cable mount

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
does anyone know if the plastic clip part on the cruise control cable which attaches to the throttle mount can be replaced or does the whole cable needed to be replaced up until the module??

as you can see by the pic the cable plastic clip has been broken by some dumb f*** mechanic who fixed our gas converter.....

they didnt even bother to tell me that they broke it.....

thing is we've never used the cruise control ever and if its too much to fix I will leave it.....

BTW already looked in the not so trusty Max Elery manual but too no avail....

Cheers

Attachments

• IMGA0343.JPG
    IMGA0343.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 390

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I can imagine how browned off you feel. I dont think you can put a new clip on because (1) they aren't available and (2) if they were you would have to remove and replace the cable ends which is next to impossible. However you should be able to rig up some sort of clamp to hold the clip in place if you are happy with it being a bit dodgy. New ones are about $50 and secondhand ones will have plastic clips that are pretty brittle and ready to break so it would be best to buy a new one.