Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car stalling

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
My cars stalled twice in the last week and struggled to start one morning. I checked for error codes and found 16,31,46,47. (Quite a line up). After browsing the manual I read they are all tied up with the DFI module and ECU. I am planning to go through the manual on the weekend and see if I can find anything obvious.

Until than I just want to know what replacing each of these is worth?

Ebay has a VS ECU for $15. Is a VS compatable with a VR?

How difficult is installation of the DFI module and ECU?

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
DFI on a VS is 2 bolts and a plug (should be same on the VR)..... plus the coils on top...... easy job

ECU located on the left hand passenger foot cover..... few screws and a cpl of plugs.... dunno bout compatibility,,,,,

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd doubt that the VS ECU will fit a VR as the VS has the Ecotec motor with sequential injection and 2 oxygen sensors.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
OK I found out Holden sell new ECU for (get this) $1000 :shutup:

They told me Bursons (like supercheap) sell reconditioned ones for $500 (like you swap yours and pay $500)

Does anyone know the $ of a DFI module? I got one out of an old VP so car works now but I wanna know the price of a new one and if they include the coil packs??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
kopper69 said:
OK I found out Holden sell new ECU for (get this) $1000 :shutup:

They told me Bursons (like supercheap) sell reconditioned ones for $500 (like you swap yours and pay $500)

Does anyone know the $ of a DFI module? I got one out of an old VP so car works now but I wanna know the price of a new one and if they include the coil packs??
Its not uncommon to see VR or VS models being wrecked privately every week or so up here in the classifieds or on shopping centre noticeboards - they are the cheapest source of any car part...though you get no guarantee. If I'm in no hurry to buy a part I will keep my eyes open for the private wrecker. Trouble is that so far all my car failures mean I need the part NOW!.