Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rubbing / struggling noise

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey fellas,
Today i had my VS lowered, its now sitting on Super Lows all round all though i dont know if it makes a difference to the problem or not, but today i noticed a rubbing or struggling grinding kinda sound when i turn the wheel... it happens when i turn the wheel both ways. could the steering column jst need to be re-greased or is there more to it?
Cheers
raZel :thumbsup:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe you're just a little bit more sensitive to sounds now that you've had Super lows fitted...I'd try greasing that grommet first. Or it could be the wider profile that is making a more intimate contact with the road surface and giving different steering wheel feedback. Hope all goes well.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
which gromit should i be looking at?
Cheers
raZel :thumbsup:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Look just underneath the brake power booster and you will see a thick black steel shaft (the steering column shaft) going into the bulkhead thru a black plastic thingo called a grommet (at the bulkhead) and the shaft can make a groaning noise if it gets dry when turned - spray with WD40 or put some grease on your finger and shove it up the shaft. Good Luck.