Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Transmision owners Plz Help

ANDY_2430

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the site and just bought a Black VS Spac Manual. Bought it at a great price with low ks and its mint condition However the clutch has gone and i need a new one.

What cluches should i consider, and where should i get the work done? any opinions would be awsome.

Cheers, Andy

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Textralia H/D clutch and where do you live... Might help if we knew where you lived.......

If your in WA Then call Mitch at WA performance centre 93880250

ANDY_2430

Reaction score
Just found our its going to be $1200 for a standard clutch and 2100$ for a heavy duty clutch at my local gararge

is this normal??? y is it so much? is there any cheaper places u can recomend

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Sounds expensive.

I have a VS Series 2 Manual, with the Getrag box and dual mass flywheel.

The pressure plate let go recently, and I decided to replace everything while repairing this,

I was busy at the time, so decided to outsource the job.

You might be aware that expences rise with the dual mass flywheel. However, I was offered a conversion to a heavy duty clutch with e new solid flywheel. Installed price offered was $1,100.

In the end, I stayed with the original system at a slightly higher cost.

This was in NSW, so I can't recommend somewhere better for you. But the prices that you have been quoted sound high.

Is your car a Series 1 or Series 2? That has a big impact on the likely cost. Series 2 is dearer.

ANDY_2430

Reaction score
series 2
apparently the getrag gearbox in the series 2 is the top of the line so the cheapest price i found was 1900$ through holden service centre
cheers for your help guys