Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fan switch = Thermo sensor??

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
old lady's car was eatin up a bit of coolant over the last cpl of days.. newys she took it to the local radiator place and they replaced the thermostat.......

they have suggested to also change the "fan switch" so that the radiator fan kicks in a bit earlier... now im pressuming they are talking about the thermo sensor???

1. Can anyone point me to where its located?
2. part price from holden
3. Is it worth changing myself and do u need to flush the system?? or just pay as they quoted around $30.00 supply & Fit....

Cheers

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
futronix said:
old lady's car was eatin up a bit of coolant over the last cpl of days.. newys she took it to the local radiator place and they replaced the thermostat.......

they have suggested to also change the "fan switch" so that the radiator fan kicks in a bit earlier... now im pressuming they are talking about the thermo sensor???

1. Can anyone point me to where its located?
2. part price from holden
3. Is it worth changing myself and do u need to flush the system?? or just pay as they quoted around $30.00 supply & Fit....

Cheers

Coolant temp sensor is located just underneath the thermostat, at the top of the motor. This sensor provides the info to the ECU as to when to turn on the fan, and when to switch it to high speed. It would only need replacing if it was faulty, ie not turning the fans on at all, or running them continously, which is a failsafe mode.

I suggest you flush the system with plenty of clean water, and then use the genuine holden coolant, at a 50/50 mix of the concentrate, and water.

Cheers

Harvs82