Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning throttle body

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Well guys Im at a loss at the moment. Im preparing to clean my throttle body but im having such a hard time sourcing gaskets. I want to replace all 3 when i do it. One on the throttle body and two on either side of the bellmouth. Problem is I cant find them anywhere. Went to repco - no good. Went to Holden - got one for throttle body but they recommended going to Bursons to get the others. So I went up there but they dont seem to carry anything. Whats going on? Where is everyone else getting them from. Should i just get a roll of gasket material from supercheap and make my own. Im hesistant to do this cause I dont want to muck around cutting them only to have one fail and give me problems. Where can I get these gaskets? Should I try other Holden dealerships?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yes try other holden dealerrs, i got one for throttle body and 2 for the bellmouth all genuine cost 2.00 for a set of 3

aussiepride94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
just go to bursons auto spares and get some three-bong throtle body cleaner works a treat :D we use it at work on cars running ruff and **** it disolves all the **** eg oil grim varnish and u start the carr with all ur intake pipes back on and give it a phat olld rev :D annd white smoke with smash out ur exhuast n all done :D

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
heres some info in another thread>>> http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2002/56024-cleaning-throttle-body-vt-v6.html
Well guys Im at a loss at the moment. Im preparing to clean my throttle body but im having such a hard time sourcing gaskets. I want to replace all 3 when i do it. One on the throttle body and two on either side of the bellmouth. Problem is I cant find them anywhere. Went to repco - no good. Went to Holden - got one for throttle body but they recommended going to Bursons to get the others. So I went up there but they dont seem to carry anything. Whats going on? Where is everyone else getting them from. Should i just get a roll of gasket material from supercheap and make my own. Im hesistant to do this cause I dont want to muck around cutting them only to have one fail and give me problems. Where can I get these gaskets? Should I try other Holden dealerships?

Josh.69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Executive S2
you can buy a manifold gasket set that has all the seals.