Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speed alert display

only-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vy + 20s = good
hi, does any one know where the clear piece of plastic in the speed alert goes so that the display has the dumbers not just the green light up?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
not quite understanding what you are meaning..(I am a little slow on a sunday morning)
'clear piece of plastic'?

V

VT_Exec_HSV

Hi, there is a white/clear plastic panel that sits directly onto the back of the LCD display screen in your instrument panel. You have top make sure it is the right way round. There is a gap at one side of the plastic panel, to ensure that the rubber (sends the signal to the LCD panel) touches the LCD panel. This is what send the signal to the LCD. Is this what you mean?.

only-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vy + 20s = good
yes thats it

A

anotherstockvs

yer i just figuered how to get digital display of ur speed in the SA and the light keeps flashing at ya when its in speed display and i thought i could pull it apart and remove the LED but man everything just fell to bits took me an hour to get it working if the bit of plastic is upside down then display wont work and only sound can be heard, but i got it together in an 1 hours time, its easy to tape the buttons in there correct spot so they dont fall out when u flip it over.

if any one dont know how to have there speed in the speed alert screen, turn ignition of then press and hold the 2 arrows buttons in then turn ignition on and u have ur speed display in the speed alert

werd out soliders ImI<(^_^)>ImI

A

aquabog

or u coulda just hold all 3 buttons till it reads "100" turn the igniton on and then press "set" and then ur digital speedo is set permently u dont have to do it ech time u jump in. and there is no anoyyin flashin red light. saves rippin tha dash apart ay?